COLAS belongs among TOP 5 recycling companies worldwide
6 basic principles
of our environmental policy
Following the implemented and certified environmental managment system in COLAS Slovakia, s.a. we have set out the following principles of compliance:
To improve systematically executed activities and work conditions
in order to minimize negative impacts on environment.
To reduce continuously the level of environmental threat
by thoroughly planning, implementing, evaluating and taking follow-up actions together with ensuring ourselves that they are carried out. To operate our plants and technologies in accordance with environmental protection, to replace non-compliant equipment and technologies with more suitable and efficient ones.
To use efficiently materials, natural resources and energies
in all production processes with waste elimination.
with public, engaged third parties and cooperate with authorities, to comply all binding requirements.
To raise and deepen awarness
on environmental protection among employees.
To require from our contractual partners as well to fulfill the requirements of
environmental managment system in their activities.
EMAS REGISTRATION (ECO-MANAGMENT AND AUDIT SCHEME)
DOCUMENTS FOR DOWNLOAD
COLAS belongs among TOP 5 recycling companies worldwide (in all segments of production) – a result of 30-years-long effort.
Circular economy and material recycling for material autonomy and waste-free managment.
- We have 800 recycling plants worldwide
- We have already recycled 15 milions of tons of material and used asphalt
- 299,000 tons of bitumen gained
- 3.3 milions of m² of walkways from recycled resources
Permissions to operate
the equipment for waste recycling
ENERGY AND GREENHOUSE EFFECT GASES MANAGMENT
When organizing production in our production plants
we make sure that our production facilities are managed by real professional experts.
We maintain close contact and local dialogue with residents and engaged third parties everywhere we operate , in order to be able to handle local resources as carefully as possible.
COLAS Slovakia, s.a. reduces greenhouse effect gasses production mainly by reducing energy requirements of our production processes.
- We modernize our production plants
- We implement various kinds of monitoring devices
- Thanks to dense worldwide network of branches and centers we always use the closest ones, like this we reduce distances between plants and construction sites.
- Wherever possible we prefer if possible alternatives to road transport to minimize dependence on fossil fuels for the benefit of renewable energy sources.
Results of emission measurements:
Benefits of environmental policy implementation:
1. Less negative impacts on water, soil, air, animals and plants.
2. Less natural resources is used.
3. Less negative effects on surroundings affected by construction.
Currently COLAS group endeavours to remove unwanted chemicals and mixtures used during production in accordance with European Community REACH regulation.
6 priorities have been identified in this area:
exclusion from use in laboratories and workshops
Colours and pigments:
preventing the use of products containing heavy metals
preference for organic products to prevent bituminous mixes stick onto vehicle decks
lowering the production temperatures of asphalt mixes and gradual restoration of paver with succion system
cooperation in development of sustainable chemicals.
emphasis on proper managment of this type of hazardous waste